Luxury tailoring firm Kiton opens on Madison Avenue
Naples-based luxury tailoring firm Kiton has opened up shop on Madison Avenue.
Located on 62nd Street, the 1,700 square-foot space spans two floors with a special emphasis on womenswear. In fact, 70 percent of the store is women-focused, while the remaining 30 percent is dedicated to men's casual wear.
Inside, women can experience Italian textiles of the highest quality and peruse a full range of women's casual and tailored apparel, in addition to accessories. The new location complements Kiton's six-story townhouse, located on E. 54 Street, which carries the firm's whole range of apparel for women and men.
This is not Kiton's first attempt to focus on womenswear. The company has also relocated and expanded its stores in Rome, Milan, and Dubai, with a heavier focus on its women's collection.
The move has already had an impact on sales where Kiton's womenswear sales have increased from 5 to 35 percent in Milan, from 0 to 30 percent in Dubai, and from 0 to 50 percent in Rome.
Kiton was founded by Ciro Paone with an exclusive menswear offering. In 1995, Maria Giovanna Paone, the founder’s daughter, introduced a first womenswear line to the company.
Today, Giovanna Paone is the president and creative director of Kiton's womenswear department with plans to continue to grow the offering. Kiton has set a goal of womenswear reaching 50 percent of sales within five years.
Looking ahead, more storefronts will be relocated in order to include women's apparel. In particular, the company is expected to make the change in Paris and London next.
Copyright © 2022 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.